How to create a traditional heritage home look with UPVC windows
13 November 2017 |Blog
Whether you have a modern or period home, the traditional look is as popular as ever. From adding timber ceiling beams to antique furniture, recreating the past is the perfect way to add a grand feel to your home. When it comes to windows you might assume that timber is the only way to go, but did you know you can recreate the heritage look with uPVC windows too?
Authentic style with modern performance
Our range of heritage windows look indistinguishable from timber but are actually made of uPVC. These timber effect windows come in both the flush sash or stormproof style. The flush option replicates the look of 19th century windows as you get a smooth and sleek frame. The stormproof window provides extra protection against the elements. Traditional joinery techniques are used, and each joint is handcrafted to give you that bespoke touch. uPVC is an extremely effective insulator and unlike timber doesn’t require repainting, so your colour won’t fade. It’s also a more affordable option if you have a small budget for your windows.
What are the benefits of heritage windows?
- Get the look of timber with the reliable thermal performance of uPVC. A+ rated, they’ll keep your home protected against draughts and cold spots
- Like normal uPVC, our timber effect windows don’t need any maintenance to keep them looking good and at peak performance
- These windows take aesthetics seriously with meticulous attention to detail taken with each window to ensure your home has a sense of grandeur and fabulous kerb appeal
- With a stormproof option, your home will be protected in all weathers and ensures you don’t pay over the odds on your heating costs
- With secure multipoint locks, intruders won’t be able to gain access to your home through your windows
- Our range of timber effect windows are regularly approved for use in conservation areas and period properties due to their truly authentic look
A range of customisable options to add some history to your home
Our uPVC heritage windows can be created in any colour using the unique Kolor Bond system. However, if you want to truly replicate the windows of the past, choose wood-effect finishes such as Rosewood or Oak. With no need to repaint, your colour will stay looking as good as new for years to come. Add Georgian bars to finish that heritage feel and we have a range of hardware for you to choose from. Modern chrome options are available or choose traditional ironmongery such as monkey tail handles.
Get in touch with us today to discover how our uPVC timber-effect windows can give your home that heritage look.