uPVC vs aluminium – which is the best type of entrance door?
29 September 2019 |Advice & Guidance
Timber has always been the most popular choice of entrance door in Suffolk and beyond. But as more and more homeowners move away from traditional timber, in search of something a bit more modern, we find ourselves being asked the same question time and time again; which is the best type of entrance door for my South East home?
Largely dependent on the type of property and your individual needs, allow us to broaden your horizons and clarify the benefits of two of the most popular door materials around.
The benefits of uPVC entrance doors
As the most recognisable alternative to the classic timber door, uPVC doors grace the front and rear entrances of many homes throughout the South East. Affordably secure, efficient and stylish, uPVC entrance doors remain a firm favourite with families confined to the strictest of budgets. Often referred to as a ‘set and forget’ front door solution due to its low-maintenance nature, uPVC doors’ unique multi-chambered frames achieve outstanding thermal ratings.
- Styles to suit a wide range of properties
- Wide variety of colours and decorative glass options
- Draft proof design
- Can achieve U-values as low as 0.8 W/m²K
- Money-saving energy efficiency
- Easy to clean
- 10-year guarantee
- Life expectancy of 20-30 years
The benefits of aluminium entrance doors
Aluminium entrance doors have always been a firm favourite within commercial projects for as long as we can remember, providing enviable strength, quality and slender sightlines. So, when homeowners need to heighten their home security alongside a touch of tasteful luxury and refinement, it’s of no surprise that they make a beeline for the alluring sightlines that the aluminium entrance door effortlessly delivers.
- 3½ times stronger than uPVC
- 40 times stronger than timber
- Lightweight; one-third the weight of steel
- New and classic styles can enhance any home
- Minimalist sightlines
- Warp, flex, fade, rot and corrosion resistant
- Low maintenance
- Can achieve U-values as low as 1.32 W/m²K (triple glazed)
- Advanced thermal break technology
- Sustainable; environmentally significant
- Marine-grade options available for coastal properties
- Wide variety of colours, decorative glass and hardware options
- Up to a 20-year guarantee
- Life expectancy of 45 years
uPVC vs aluminium entrance doors – who comes out on top?
|uPVC Entrance Doors
|Aluminium Entrance Doors
|Warp, flex, fade, rot and corrosion resistant
|Unique range of colours, finishes and glazing
Now that you fully understand the virtues that both door materials hold, we look forward to hearing from you very soon. Whether you’re looking to heighten your homes energy performance with a new uPVC door or need to match aluminium window frames with an on-trend aluminium front door, get in touch with an SEHBAC expert today and create an entrance door to remember.