What is the smallest opening for bifold doors?
30 June 2020 |Advice & Guidance
Bifold doors add a spacious, streamlined, and fashionable twist no matter where they’re installed. Beautifully linking larger Essex homes to generous garden spaces, bifolds are making their presence felt in smaller South East homes too. From modest bungalows to bijou apartments, and cosy cottages to pint-sized terraced houses, SEHBAC’s collection of bifolds can be fully tailored to any type of home.
What’s the smallest opening for bifolds?
Depending on your chosen configuration, the smallest recommended opening for a new set of bifolds is 1400mm (55 inches) – consisting of two individual 700mm wide door leaves. Any smaller than this and its likely sticking issues will occur, where the doors bind to the door jamb and becomes difficult to open and manoeuvre.
What sizes do bifold doors come in?
Depending on the size of your space, with SEHBAC you can create a bi-folding system with up to 8 door panels. Sourcing our bifolds from the very best the industry has to offer, with 2 quality materials to choose from, bifold sizes with SEHBAC are as follows:
|Bifold material||Minimum height||Minimum width||Maximum height||Maximum width|
Available in several configurations, no matter which material you choose, every bifold door system from SEHBAC comes with a 10-year guarantee and is fitted with toughened glazing and secure multi-point locking as standard.
Benefits of aluminium bifolds?
- Ultra-slim; more glass, less frame
- Last at least 30 years, maintenance free
- Long lasting quality; actively resisting corrosion, rot, rust & warping
- Can be made wider than timber bifolds, requiring fewer doors
- Unlimited personalisation, with 150 RAL colours, woodgrain effects & dual colour options
- An advanced anti-fade coating will keep your aluminium bifolds looking as good as new
- One of the world’s most eco-friendly construction materials
- Draught-resistant, thermally broken profiles
Find out more about quality aluminium bifolds
Benefits of timber bifolds?
- Ideal for listed South East properties or homes situated in conservation areas that require ‘like-for-like’ materials
- With yearly maintenance, timber bifolds can last at least 30 years
- A microporous varnish will keep your timber bifolds looking as good as new
- Timber can accommodate the tallest bifold door systems
- 30 colours, including authentic timber designs
- A naturally insulating material that can achieve energy ratings of ‘A’
Find out more about quality timber effect bifolds
Small bifold door ideas
It’s often said that the best things come in small packages. To inspire your own bifold door project, we thought we’d share some examples of small bifold door installations we’ve had the pleasure to install.
Small, 3 panelled woodgrain effect aluminium internal bifold doors:
Small, 3 panelled black timber bifolds:
How much do bifold doors cost?
Our bifold door prices aren’t just off the shelf. Each bifold door quote we carry out is specifically tailored to you, your home, and your specific project requirements. Custom made, and installed as either exterior or interior bifolds, if you’re looking for a trustworthy South East double glazing company you can truly rely on, request a quote or contact us today.